[alpine-devel] Re: xzdiff in xz package is broken on alpine linux

From: Michael Fox <415fox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 09:20:09 -0700

I have to admit the xzdiff script is a little beyond me but the way xzdiff
fails is you compare two different files and it just returns 0 as if they
were the same. I think the easiest way to see it is to download an alpine
linux live CD:

http://alpinelinux.org/downloads/

To make it run in a VM takes just a few minutes. Here is complete steps to
make it simple as possible:

In virtualbox create a new VM, Type: Linux, Version: Linux 2.6 (64 bit);
Memory 4096; Do not add a virtual hard drive; Start, select the alpine iso;

Login: root
setup-interfaces (enter, enter, enter)
ifup eth0
setup-dns (enter, enter)