Re: [alpine-devel] Regex compatibility

From: Michael Fox <415fox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 10:11:59 -0700

Here's all the things I've installed to get tests to pass:

gnugrep binutils diffutils coreutils linux-headers gzip bash

And still, of the many basic, core packages I've tested, very few pass all
tests. Maybe less than one in four.

There's currently 7575 packages in alpine. How much work is that to report
failing tests upstream? Even more work to try and make your own patches.

Do you think we can get 200 people to take on a package each day for a
month? If so, I volunteer to be one of them.

--
-
Michael