[alpine-devel] eudev pushed to git master (edge)

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:52:07 +0200

Hi,

I pushed eudev to the edge repo.

libkmod will not work with busybox dempod (due to it not yet creates
the modules.dep.bin), so I disabled this in eudev, assuming that it
will fall back to fork/exec modprobe instead for modaliases.

It turns out that I was wrong. when built with --disable-libkmod it
does not load any modaliases at all. This result in no /dev/input/*
devices and Xorg "hangs". (does not respond to any input).

For now I have forced starting the hwdrivers. This should at least make
xorg work, but we still do not have proper hotplugging. That is, if you
hotplug a device that needs a driver, it will not automatically be
loaded.

If you currently use udev, you will have to verify that hwdrivers is in
the sysinit runlevel before you reboot. ls -l /etc/runlevels/sysinit
should list a symlink named 'hwdrivers' that points
to /etc/init.d/hwdrivers. You can add this link if its missing with:

  rc-update add hwdrivers sysinit

If you don't use udev then nothing changes.

The longterm fix is to make busbox modprobe generate the needed binary
indexes for libkmod. Hopefully we will have something for that next
week.

We could also depend on kmod's depmod til busybox' depmod is fixed.