Re: [alpine-devel] eudev pushed to git master (edge)

From: Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:35:50 +0200

I just tried to update my desktop to latest edge, but im unable to start
slim anymore.
Also my first (or second) monitor has no screen anymore.

I think i was also unable to remove udev because its pulled in by
setup-desktop.
Another issue is, kmod modprobe is not compatible with bb modprobe, it does
not have the -l switch so alsa-utils fails (and probably more init scripts).

I also have the feeling I have to cleanup older (automatic) udev rules,
because my nic name has changed into something weird.
I didnt look into it too much, but i think people should really watch out
with updating edge if they don't want to break anything.

-carlo