Re: [alpine-devel] eudev pushed to git master (edge)

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 13:47:17 -0700

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:52:07AM +0200, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I pushed eudev to the edge repo.
>
> libkmod will not work with busybox dempod (due to it not yet creates
> the modules.dep.bin), so I disabled this in eudev, assuming that it
> will fall back to fork/exec modprobe instead for modaliases.
>
> It turns out that I was wrong. when built with --disable-libkmod it
> does not load any modaliases at all. This result in no /dev/input/*
> devices and Xorg "hangs". (does not respond to any input).
>
> For now I have forced starting the hwdrivers. This should at least make
> xorg work, but we still do not have proper hotplugging. That is, if you
> hotplug a device that needs a driver, it will not automatically be
> loaded.

I need to test this, but anyhow...
As far as I can tell, the hotplugging is not hardcoded, but entirely
within rules/80-drivers.rules
If I am correct, you could enable use of Busybox via:

 sed -e 's/RUN{builtin}\(.*\)kmod load/RUN\1modprobe -ab/g' -i \
        "$pkgdir"/lib/udev/rules.d/80-drivers.rules

Testing that might be...interesting, though.
I shall try it once I'm out of mutt.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham