Mail archive

Re: [alpine-devel] udev replacement on Alpine Linux

From: Kevin Chadwick <>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:49:06 +0100

> smdev requires fork/exec for every single event which has a performance
> issue. I believe that you can solve the performance issue too, with
> just a little more effort.

I don't know the details of this or the other options but wonder from
reading a recent OpenBSD paper if although a performance hit this lends
itself to better process location randomisation to help fight rop
attacks with fork being a copy and exec then being a new random layout?

KISSIS - Keep It Simple So It's Securable