Re: [alpine-devel] udev replacement on Alpine Linux

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:55:20 -0700

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:37:37AM +0200, Natanael Copa wrote:
> I would like to get rid of eudev/udev, but at the same time, I want
> support for hotplugging in Xorg. I want plug in a moue and keyboard and
> I want it to just work, without needing changing xorg.xonf and restart
> xorg. Today you need (e)udev for that.

Quibbling:
If you drop some config files in xorg.conf.d (from "mdev-like-a-boss"),
you do not need to edit anything...although it will still be necessary
to restart X:
https://github.com/slashbeast/mdev-like-a-boss/tree/master/xorg.conf.d

Unfortunately, the author of that package has not specified a license
in that repository, although elsewhere he describes it as BSD.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham