[alpine-devel] Rename proposal of alpine .ISOs

From: Alan Pillay <alanppillay4_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 09:46:41 -0200

The current Standard" .iso" on http://www.alpinelinux.org/downloads/
is of the alpine Linux distribution + lots of packages to use it as a
router/firewall/etc as was alpine's first goal. However, I think most
people nowadays don't use it like that anymore. Also, there's nothing
in the name to indicate the "Standard" .iso"comes with all those
things. Because of that most people downloading alpine are installing
many packages they never touch. What they actually are looking for is
probably the "Mini" .iso. Not only that, but the "Vanilla" .iso is the
"Mini" .iso with linux vanilla kernel, but there's nothing to indicate
that, and it looks like Vanilla is the "Standard" .iso with some
modifications.
With all this put, I propose the following:

Standard -> Network (Router/Firewall/VPN/VoIP/etc)
Mini -> Standard

What does everyone think?
I believe this is what makes the most sense now that Alpine is a
general purpose distribution.

Thanks for your time.