Mail archive

Re: [alpine-devel] Rename proposal of alpine .ISOs

From: scrumpyjack <>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:18:56 +0100

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 09:46:41AM -0200, Alan Pillay wrote:

> With all this put, I propose the following:
> Standard -> Network (Router/Firewall/VPN/VoIP/etc)
> Mini -> Standard
> I believe this is what makes the most sense now that Alpine is a
> general purpose distribution.

"Network" is confusing and might imply to some that "Standard" does not have any

I would rename the mini to standard alpine-version-arch.iso and remove the
current "standard" iso build.

One of the great aspects of Alpine Linux is that you start from something small,
and build on it. Total control.

Perhaps another iso with wireless-tools for those without Ethernet?