Another ideas collection mail for post-3.3 time; this time for
My ideas box has following items:
- Support 'bare' root. The idea is to have boot-media managed by
apk-tools, and be upgradeable using apk. It'd technically be one .apk
that can be upgraded from fixed URL. Something like
"apk --root /media/boot upgrade" or so. Of course alpine-iso / abuild
would need to support creating boot images in compatible format. They
should also support creating boot-media / firmware package by giving
in an apkovl for easy roll out of appliances. But that's another
- Potentially update the package format to use pax-headers instead
of .PKGINFO and .SIGN.* meta-data files. This would allow extraction
with tar and there would be no extra files extracted.
- Rework "repositories" file so that it apk config manages $MIRROR and
$BRANCH. So upgrading branch/changing mirror changes config file, not
the repository config. Similar to apt sources.list format.
- Elliptic Curve signature support
- Tracking what services to restart after upgrade, see:
Though, migrating to s6-rc was also in the discussion so that might
affect things if it happens.
- Merging of pre/post and install/upgrade scripts to single script
- Have apk add users/groups from .PKGINFO meta data instead of
requiring scripts for that
and few other more of minor bug fix issues.
Any other ideas? Or comments on the priorities?
Received on Wed Oct 28 2015 - 18:17:56 UTC