Re: [alpine-devel] alsamixer and mpv are broken in latest release + quetion

From: Christie Taylor <ctaylorm_at_gmx.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:37:45 +0100
Good, just update ncurses and alsamixer should work? I'm on latest Alpine version of ncurses, so I think Alpine's version is old. :(
What about 1) and 3) ?
Nobody on the mailing list knows?

Thanks.

Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 8:08 PM
From: 7heo <7heo_at_mail.com>
To: "Christie Taylor" <ctaylorm_at_gmx.com>
Subject: Re: [alpine-devel] alsamixer and mpv are broken in latest release + quetion
On November 14, 2015 11:06:11 PM CET, Christie Taylor <ctaylorm_at_gmx.com> wrote:
>After upgrading to v3.3 repo:
>
>1) mpv has permissions problems, has to be run with sudo. libGL error:
>failed to open drm device: Permission denied
>
>2) alsamixer segfaults.
>
>Try for yourself, it's easy to check it out.
>
>Also a question:
>
>3) I thought v3.3 would get rid of udev and use mdev from gentoo, but I
>still get udev messages on boot?
>

>Thanks.
>

>--- Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Help:
>alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org ---

I bet my lunch that the alsamixer segfault is due to the wrong version in a dependency. And I bet my beer that it's ncurses that needs to be upgraded. :)
--- Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Help: alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org --- Received on Thu Nov 19 2015 - 19:37:45 GMT