Re: [alpine-devel] alsamixer and mpv are broken in latest release + quetion

From: Christie Taylor <ctaylorm_at_gmx.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 13:54:20 +0100

Sorry, now I use only plaintext email. Thanks for the tip.
mpv works now after update, alsamixer still segfault on alpine v3.3
Thanks for explaining mdev, but I think BusyBox is too big and tries to bite more than can chew, with a single binary having all those things: coreutilities, dhcp server, device manager, etc. Sounds bad to me.

I found smdev, that's like mdev but simpler, cleaner and on-its-own, doesn't come in huge BusyBox package.
What do you think of it?

Thanks.