Re: [alpine-devel] alpine 3.3.0 rc1 released

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 20:24:52 +0200

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 17:18:01 +0100
Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> I am happy to announce that Alpine 3.3.0 first release candidate is
> released.

Awesome!

>[snip]
> - The initramfs has been refactored. We no longer depend on specifying
> alpine_dev as boot option. Instead, the boot repositories and apkovl
> should be automatically found using the new nlplug-findfs tool.

Semi related to this... see below

> I would appreciate help with testing:
>
> - boot from usb, using setup-bootable and real hardware. Test that you
> can store apkovl with 'lbu commit'. Do this with:
> - alpine image
> - vanilla image
> - extended image
> - xen image
>
> - test upgrading from v3.2 to v3.3.
>
> - test various different disk install combinations, eg lvm on raid,
> lvm without raid, raid without lvm.
>
> Any other testing is also appreciated. Specially on different kind of
> hardware.

Boots and works on pcengines apu.

But the NIC died after setup-udev. setup-udev seems to disable
hwdrivers from startup. Adding it back made things tick.

The same is true on Raspberry Pi. udev will not load all required
modules, but having hwdrivers there will do it.

I suppose we can't delete hwdrivers.

/Timo