Re: [alpine-devel] udev replacement on Alpine Linux

From: Alan Pillay <alanppillay4_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 10:51:25 -0200

It has been half a month since we had this nice conversation. First of
all, I wish everyone a happy new year!

Due to other priorities, the udev replacement has been postponed, but
now Sören Tempel came up with this idea again. He also proposes smdev
to be shipped with next major Alpine Linux version - 3.4.0 - which is
expected to be released in about 4 months.
For this reason, I think it is good to reconsider this subject and
restart this conversation.
Natanael, do you believe smdev is mature enough to be used implemented
on Alpine Linux as the default device manager? What about the
accompanying software, nldev and nlmon? If something is missing, what
is it exactly? Would the developers of smdev, nldev and nlmon be
willing to help with the transaction from udev to their lightweight
alternatives?

KISS