Re: [alpine-devel] udev replacement on Alpine Linux

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-devel_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 18:41:18 +0100

On 12/01/2016 16:38, u-ztsd_at_aetey.se wrote:
> I would love to get rid of udev but isn't libudev the harder part?

  Yes, libudev is definitely the harder part. Handling hotplug
events via netlink is easy, and has been done several times over
already; but libudev introduces policy in software, and most of
the work is providing a compatible interface.

  I have my eyes set on libudev-compat from vdev:
  https://github.com/jcnelson/vdev

  but I don't know how much of a drop-in it is, or how production-
ready it is. I'll be asking people around who have experience with it.

--
  Laurent