[alpine-devel] R compiled on Alpine - need more testers

From: Alba Pompeo <albapompeo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 08:45:20 -0300

I successfully compiled R, and it worked without problems except for a
minor timezone issue at the very very end of make check-all that's
already been reported to the R developers. This was on a x64 system
running Alpine 3.3.1 stable.
But we have a problem! Isaac Dunham also compiled R (on his x86 Alpine
edge system) and got lots of major errors on make check. "*no*
convergence" errors, which makes R untrustworthy.
So what we ask now is for those interested in R to compile it and
report back any errors they have.
Here's how we are doing it.
    svn checkout https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/
    cd ./trunk
    aclocal -I m4 && autoconf
    tools/rsync-recommended
    cd ..
    mkdir build
    cd build
    ../trunk/configure
    make
If it compiles okay, then run "make check-all" and report the errors you have.

Ciao.