Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine security tracker

From: Andy Shinn <andys_at_andyshinn.as>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:02:54 -0500

I wonder if just an additional field or two in Redmine could help
satisfy requirements for Clair without adding too much additional
overhead. What if Redmine had an additional tracker called Security
and a custom CVE field that container the CVE. Would this be too much
additional work for users / maintainers entering data when it is
related to a CVE?

Redmine already provides a way to grab data from the tracker in CSV
and XML form. If Clair could filter on a Security tracker to get the
CVE and associated packages then this might be a simple addition to
start work on the Clair side (assuming this is a valid way of
consuming the CVE data).