I wonder if there are any good reason to *not* purge the ruby-*
There are many good reasons to do it:
- upstream generally does not support distro packaging, instead, they
prefer that `gem` package manager is used instead.
- many of the ruby-* packages are broken
- its very time consuming to upgrade things
- its very easy to break things when upgrading
- its almost impossible to provide security fixes for the distro
If there are any good reason to keep the ruby-* packages, then I'd like
to know, before I purge them.
Received on Thu Apr 28 2016 - 16:54:53 GMT