Re: [alpine-devel] remove ruby-* packages?

From: Paul Morgan <jumanjiman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 11:48:52 -0400

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> If there are any good reason to keep the ruby-* packages, then I'd like
> to know, before I purge them.

I would argue in favor of keeping a handful, such as ruby-rake and ruby-irb,
which are subpackages of ruby [1] and are generally useful outside of bundles.

I might argue in favor of keeping ruby-pry since it's generally useful
outside of bundles.

I find it hard to argue in favor of keeping any packages that are
available via rubygems.

[1] http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/ruby/APKBUILD

-paul