Re: [alpine-devel] Adding ~/.bin to the default path

From: Leo Unglaub <leo_at_leo-unglaub.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 23:31:58 +0200

Hey,

On 05/30/16 17:59, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> And then someone will want to include ~/.local/bin as well. And why not
> ~/.local/opt/bin too while we're on it?
>
> Simply add it locally. Nothing to do here distribution-wise.

well, i don't think that multiple locations in the home directory are
needed by default. But one location for user scripts would make a good
default. If we name it ~/.bin or ~/bin is not that relevant. Thats up to
ncopa as the technical lead of Alpine.

Maybe i want to change my first email and also vote for ~/bin since its
the value that OpenBSD uses and that way it would be similar.

Greetings
Leo