Mail archive

Re: [alpine-devel] Python 3 in Alpine 3.5

From: Kaarle Ritvanen <>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 01:07:23 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:

> ScrumpyJack has shared his (low traffic) mirror logs from past 12 weeks
> and I poured it through some pipes. Barely 102 modules were ever
> downloaded, where top 15 is:
> This pretty much confirms my theory of unused modules and what should be
> kept in repositories.

I think this just proves that some modules are installed more often than
others. The same is probably true for non-Python packages, but we
generally do not remove packages because too few people use them.

If the renaming from py-* to py2-* is absolutely necessary, surely that
can easily be done using find, xargs, sed etc. regardless of the number of
existing packages.