Re: [alpine-devel] [RFC *-conf] Aports Package -conf suffix

From: Leo Unglaub <leo_at_leo-unglaub.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 10:45:19 +0000

Hey,

> tl;dr ‘-conf' suffix for packages that come with a default
> configuration (e.g. openssh-conf, nginx-conf, etc.)

i think thats an interresting idea. I am all for small and clean
packages. I think the problem with that is that most software today is
so bad that you cannot simply execute the binary and asume that it has
defaults in place that simply work. Sadly very often without huge
patched config files you cannot even get the service running.

Maybe we should go the other way around to clean up configs and
optimize the default configs to something secure, extendable and
usefull for all users and then ship them.

Greetings
Leo