Re: [alpine-devel] [RFC *-conf] Aports Package -conf suffix

From: Kaarle Ritvanen <kaarle.ritvanen_at_datakunkku.fi>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 15:00:41 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016, systmkor wrote:

> The issue with the second option is that providing ones own
> ‘<pkgname>-conf’ package would have to use the ‘replaces' &
> ‘replaces_priority’ in that packages APKBUILD file, which can result in
> issues when the base package is upgraded.

Could you please elaborate on the issues you have experienced? I have used
such an approach without facing any obvious problems.

In addition, I wonder why one could not use configuration management tools
when packages contain default configuration files. Pretty much all major
Linux distributions include those in the main packages.

BR,
Kaarle