Re: [alpine-devel] arm aarch64 support

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:36:15 +0300

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:10:29 +0800 (CST)
王进 <vanloswang_at_126.com> wrote:

> Hello alpine devs,
> I want to build an aarch64 rootfs, and now I have compile
> apk-tools and abuild on CentOS 7 aarch64 machine. But I finally found
> out abuild alpine-aport will damage the orginal system. How can I
> compile or cross compile an aarch64 alpine rootfs?

The minimal documentation on cross-compile, and links to the scripts I
used to bootstrap arm from x86_64 are at:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/User:Fabled

However, this is some years ago, and the scripts as such probably do
not work. I was earlier trying to do bootstrap of arm7 (armv7+ w/
thumb2) build, and already fixed few things. However, I have not yet
completed this work, so there's probably little more to fix.

The scripts should give a rough idea on how it's done.