Re: [alpine-devel] smdev

From: Alba Pompeo <albapompeo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 10:51:09 -0300

I agree with Cág about the absence of textual configuration files.
It's an advantage because it keeps complexity down.
Almost no user will change their smdev config options, that's
something Alpine will have sane defaults for.
But if the user really wants to, I see no problem with config.def.h
[0]. /usr/src to the rescue.
I remember smdev developers talked about wanting to integrate it on
Alpine in the past, here on the mailing list.
I think ncopa wants it too, but had problems with hotplugging (?) I think.
But it looks like Cág has solved that problem. Let's wait and see if
ncopa thinks now smdev is ready (for 3.5 alpine release?).

Ciao!

[0] http://git.suckless.org/smdev/tree/config.def.h