Re: [alpine-devel] Porting Alpine scripts

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 17:28:35 +0300

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 17:26:56 +0300
Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi> wrote:

> Seems there was bitrot in the cross building support. abuild was
> improved, and upstream packaged changed.
>
> I made same fixes to various places now. And will push all aports
> changes today/tomorrow. After gcc 6.1 is done.
>
> I'm playing with armv7 target, and got:
> - full cross complier done (createcross-toolchain.sh runs)
> - cross building boot image works up to building openssl; seems
> something changed upstream and needs fixing
>
> I hope to get the scripts / aports' minimal cross-building support to
> the point that bootstrapping works again.

I pushed all of my aports changed now, and copied slightly modified
bootstrap scripts out.

On edge host, with edge aports, and abuild from git (needed one minor
fix); I managed to bootstrap armv7 from x86_64 host now.

mkinitfs is not cross-compilable at the moment yet. But basically the
script should mostly work now.

/Timo