Re: [alpine-devel] arm aarch64 support

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 11:40:45 +0300

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:10:29 +0800 (CST)
王进 <vanloswang_at_126.com> wrote:

> Hello alpine devs,
> I want to build an aarch64 rootfs, and now I have compile
> apk-tools and abuild on CentOS 7 aarch64 machine. But I finally found
> out abuild alpine-aport will damage the orginal system. How can I
> compile or cross compile an aarch64 alpine rootfs?

I was just able to update the cross build scripts. I have now aarch64
userland built for alpine. I still need to look at building kernel, and
bootstrapping the rest of package.

I pushed all changes to the aports already out to alpine edge. You will
also need abuild from git as few cross build fixes were added.

The scripts used are at:
http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~tteras/bootstrap/

And the minimal set of aarch64 packages are at:
http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~tteras/bootstrap/packages/main/aarch64/

That should be enough to start a builder.

Some packages need changes to be able to build for aarch64, but most
will probably work as-is.

Thanks,
Timo