Mail archive

Re: [alpine-devel] Cleanup of testing repository

From: ScrumpyJack <>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:34:15 +0100

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 12:47:43PM +0200, Carlo Landmeter wrote:
>I would like to purge packages from testing that have not had any update
>since x days, this will reduce the list of failed packages, and will make
>it easier to get testing in building shape again.

Perhaps there might be value in encouraging devs to test their aports
and move them to main or community by requesting that:

/aports should not be maintained in testing/

At the extreme, this could be enforced by rejecting patches to aports in
testing, such as version bumps etc. "If it works, move it to main or
community, and maintain it there."

I'm a bit worried that this might seem too harsh though.