Re: [alpine-devel] php 7.1

From: Leo Unglaub <leo_at_leo-unglaub.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 10:00:46 +0200

Hey,

On 09/06/16 16:52, Andy Postnikov wrote:
> There's RC1 http://ua2.php.net/archive/2016.php#id2016-09-01-1
>
> How this could be added to testing repo?
> Maybe use *php71* as package name but what to do with executable's names?

its a RC1 and not a stable release. I don't think its a good idea adding
unstable software to the aports. That would cause much confusin and
problems.

I am also against using a own php71 prefix for packages. PHP 7.1 is
simply a bugfix release für PHP 7 and people should upgrade to it. If we
keep packages around for every new release we will have shortly a huge
mess on our hands.

Greetings
Leo