1. Download page: The download links donít work for me (Firefox 49). The problem probably is that they are wrapped in <button> element (<a> inside <button>), thatís not correct IMHO.
2. As others already wrote, navigation bars are not responsible. You can make them wrap on mobile, or collapse into ďhamburger menuĒ (but only when screen width is less than X!).
3. Community page: Top and bottom margins around h2 titles are currently in ratio 1:1, that doesnít look good. Top margin should be higher than bottom, ideal would be probably golden ratio or just 3:2.
4. Community page: Line height inside unordered lists (ul) is significantly smaller than in the rest of the text.
5. Home page: I donít like these shadow boxes in Alpine News and Latest Development, but canít describe why. Just a subjective opinion.
Overall it looks very nice, especially the download page is much better than the current one.
On 18. Oct 2016, at 17:53, Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
> This should probably belong to another list, but from my experience most of our users are subscribed to alpine-devel.
> I've been playing a bit with the design of our website and come up with the following design:
> I would like to have input of our community about what we could improve.
> For instance the "Selling Points" on the new download page could be vastly improved.
> I would like to launch this new design with our upcoming 3.5 release (probably in November).
> source is available in our git repo:
> And on github (which supports PR's):
Received on Tue Oct 18 2016 - 19:22:05 UTC
- application/pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s