Re: [alpine-devel] New alpinelinux.org website look

From: Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 12:25:41 +0200

On 18 October 2016 at 19:22, Jakub Jirutka <jakub_at_jirutka.cz> wrote:

> Hi Carlo!
>
> 1. Download page: The download links don’t work for me (Firefox 49). The
> problem probably is that they are wrapped in <button> element (<a> inside
> <button>), that’s not correct IMHO.

This should be fixed now.

> 2. As others already wrote, navigation bars are not responsible. You can
> make them wrap on mobile, or collapse into “hamburger menu” (but only when
> screen width is less than X!).

Correct, if we want to use hamburger style menu's we will have to use
javascript (do we want to include js?) like: http://purecss.io/
layouts/tucked-menu-vertical
Not sure how we would handle that with two menu's like we have now.

> 3. Community page: Top and bottom margins around h2 titles are currently
> in ratio 1:1, that doesn’t look good. Top margin should be higher than
> bottom, ideal would be probably golden ratio or just 3:2.

Margins increased.

> 4. Community page: Line height inside unordered lists (ul) is
> significantly smaller than in the rest of the text.

This is the default for purecss

> 5. Home page: I don’t like these shadow boxes in Alpine News and Latest
> Development, but can’t describe why. Just a subjective opinion.

I can remove the background color and borders, but im not sure it would be
any better. (suggestions welcome).

> Overall it looks very nice, especially the download page is much better
> than the current one.

Thanks!

If you have some selling points for download sections, please share them.