[alpine-devel] Packaging WireGuard (kernel module + virtual package)

From: Johannes Matheis <jomat+alpinedevellist_at_jmt.gr>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 14:56:17 +0000

Hello,

I'm about to package WireGuard[0] for Alpine Linux.

My work-in-progress is currently in my github repo[1].

The current state is:
   - wireguard.ko is built for grsec and subpackaged to 'wireguard-kmod'
   - management tools are subpackaged to 'wireguard-tools'
   - package 'wireguard' is empty but depends on the other two
   - a wireguard-doc package is also availabe

Arising questions are:
   - is there a recommended way for packaging kernel modules esp. how to
     handle the different kernel flavors.
     e. g. sch-cake or drbd9 are only available for grsec
   - is it correct to build the purely virtual package 'wireguard' like
this?
     abuild complains about its architecture.

Any other feedback, ideas, pull requests are welcome, too :-)

Bye,
jomat

[0] https://wireguard.io
[1] https://github.com/jomat/aports/tree/master/community/wireguard