Re: [alpine-devel] ipv6 network configuration problems

From: Johannes Matheis <jomat+alpinedevellist_at_jmt.gr>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:38:17 +0000

Hello Harry,

On 2016-11-03 02:49, Fr.HarryL wrote:
> vconfig: ioctl error for add: File exists
> at boot time

Unfortunately I have similar networking problems all over my Alpine
infrastructure … from gateways to virtualization hosts to my notebook.
I've never investigated too much as I don't reboot too often.

But I could observe an improvement after changing line 46 in my
/etc/init.d/networking from 'ifup $iface' to 'ifup -f $iface'

> ifup vlan13 will give
>
> run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/vlan: exit status 1
>
> and the ipv4 part being configured and ipv6 not, leaving the state of
> vlan13 all messed up .. :(

Try:
ifup -n vlan13
That will print the steps it would do, but doesn't acually execute them.
Then try running these commands manually.

Adding 'set -x' somewhere at the beginning of
/etc/network/if-pre-up.d/vlan
could also give some more information whats wrong.

> Your ideas will be appreciated !

Good luck!
jomat