[alpine-devel] "provides" function in APKGBUILD?

<20161112153252.405294b4@Krypton>
Hi

I was going to package a wine-staging package and perhaps patch firefox
to stop its conflict with firefox-esr to block alpine-desktop by
letting firefox also provide firefox-esr.

What I would need is something similar to Arch linux PKGBUILD variable
"provides".

I looked at the APKGBUILD wiki info at
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package#APKBUILD_variables.2Ffunctions
but I could not find any similar variable.

Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<20161115131246.36eeae91@vostro.util.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<20161112153252.405294b4@Krypton> (view parent)
On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 15:32:52 +0100
Jens Staal <staal1978@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was going to package a wine-staging package and perhaps patch
> firefox to stop its conflict with firefox-esr to block alpine-desktop
> by letting firefox also provide firefox-esr.
>
> What I would need is something similar to Arch linux PKGBUILD variable
> "provides".
>
> I looked at the APKGBUILD wiki info at
> https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package#APKBUILD_variables.2Ffunctions
> but I could not find any similar variable.

There has been stub for this in the APKBUILD reference. I updated it to
contain the basic info now:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/APKBUILD_Reference#provides

Cheers,
Timo