[alpine-devel] Alpine 3.5.0_rc2 tagged

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 15:13:45 -0200

Hi,

I just tagged alpine 3.5.0_rc2. (the rc1 was totally broken) This means
that we are effectively in a feature freeze til 3.5.0 is released. We
need to focus on things that should go into v3.5.

I would like help with:
- fix as many bugs as possible
- test installer scripts

I will try get EFI booting working if possible so that 3.5 includes
working EFI.

Some specific things I'd like help with testing:

- boot in hyper-v. There was commit that seems to fix something in
  hyper-v. Would be nice to know if it boots or is still broken.

- boot in vmware

- boot on different physical hardware.

- test if rpi editions work.

- test if xen works. (boot a xen host, set up an alpine domu).

- test encrypted root

Please report what works and file bugs on what does not work.

I'd also like to add c_rehash.c to ca-certificates package so we dont
need the full libressl dependency. Currently ca-certificates depend on
libressl so it can do `openssl certhash`, which is unnecessary.
c_rehash is small compared to /usr/bin/openssl.

Thanks!

-nc

PS. linux-vanilla is known to be broken.