I just tagged alpine 3.5.0_rc2. (the rc1 was totally broken) This means
that we are effectively in a feature freeze til 3.5.0 is released. We
need to focus on things that should go into v3.5.
I would like help with:
- fix as many bugs as possible
- test installer scripts
I will try get EFI booting working if possible so that 3.5 includes
Some specific things I'd like help with testing:
- boot in hyper-v. There was commit that seems to fix something in
hyper-v. Would be nice to know if it boots or is still broken.
- boot in vmware
- boot on different physical hardware.
- test if rpi editions work.
- test if xen works. (boot a xen host, set up an alpine domu).
- test encrypted root
Please report what works and file bugs on what does not work.
I'd also like to add c_rehash.c to ca-certificates package so we dont
need the full libressl dependency. Currently ca-certificates depend on
libressl so it can do `openssl certhash`, which is unnecessary.
c_rehash is small compared to /usr/bin/openssl.
PS. linux-vanilla is known to be broken.
Received on Wed Nov 16 2016 - 15:13:45 GMT