[alpine-devel] Alpine 3.5.0_rc2 tagged

<20161116151345.4ef5c6b6@ncopa-macbook.copa.dup.pw>

I just tagged alpine 3.5.0_rc2. (the rc1 was totally broken) This means
that we are effectively in a feature freeze til 3.5.0 is released. We
need to focus on things that should go into v3.5.

I would like help with:
- fix as many bugs as possible
- test installer scripts

I will try get EFI booting working if possible so that 3.5 includes
working EFI.

Some specific things I'd like help with testing:

- boot in hyper-v. There was commit that seems to fix something in
  hyper-v. Would be nice to know if it boots or is still broken.

- boot in vmware

- boot on different physical hardware.

- test if rpi editions work.

- test if xen works. (boot a xen host, set up an alpine domu).

- test encrypted root

Please report what works and file bugs on what does not work.

I'd also like to add c_rehash.c to ca-certificates package so we dont
need the full libressl dependency. Currently ca-certificates depend on
libressl so it can do `openssl certhash`, which is unnecessary.
c_rehash is small compared to /usr/bin/openssl.

Thanks!

-nc

PS. linux-vanilla is known to be broken.

<1461201004.1407917.1479327041281@mail.yahoo.com>
In-Reply-To
<20161116151345.4ef5c6b6@ncopa-macbook.copa.dup.pw> (view parent)
It appears the standard and extended isos are also fatally broken for x86_64. The boot/modloop-grsec is only 4kB for x86_64, and modloop fails to start. On x86 the boot/modloop-grsec is 55MB, and modloop starts fine.
Ted

[...]

---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:        alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Adam Růžička <kahiru@openmailbox.org>
<CALZ497anRCK74rXJd1TA9DzgaP=c23eT4KVx2At5767ekdfP6A@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1461201004.1407917.1479327041281@mail.yahoo.com> (view parent)
Hello,

The virt isos for x86_64 are affected by the 4k modloop too.

Both x86_64 and x86 vanilla images are also fatally broken, but by another
issue. It tries to boot /boot/vmlinuz-vanilla, but the kernel is just
/boot/vmlinuz

Adam

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Ted Trask <ttrask01@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It appears the standard and extended isos are also fatally broken for
> x86_64. The boot/modloop-grsec is only 4kB for x86_64, and modloop fails to
> start. On x86 the boot/modloop-grsec is 55MB, and modloop starts fine.
>
> Ted

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)