[alpine-devel] Aarch64 bootloader

From: Alba Pompeo <albapompeo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 10:06:34 -0200

The Alpine Aarch64 image need a different bootloader to work.
Alpine's default is Syslinux but it doesn't support aarch64.
What are the options for the specific architecture (aarch64)?
I see GRUB2 supports it, but it's an awful and bloated bootloader.
Doesn't fit Alpine.

I have no experience with Das U-Boot but it seems to support Aarch64.
https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/doc/README.arm64

Or can just wait for Syslinux to port it?
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2016-August/025340.html

Any other options?