Re: [alpine-devel] Aarch64 bootloader

From: Cág <caoc_at_riseup.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2017 15:47:53 +0000

Alba Pompeo wrote:

> Better formatting. http://sprunge.us/JINJ

This is interesting.

> I always heard GRUB2 was an abomination and superhuge, but it's "just"
> 150% the size of SYSLINUX.
> People could say that because they looked at the source code and it's
> really bad?
> I'm just doing some counting......

GRUB2 is huge because it tries to do more than a bootloader should.
"GRUB2 is the Eclipse of bootloaders". Also configuring it is painful
and I never figured it out, using front-ends to solve problems.
On the other hand, SYSLINUX is configured with one text file
with sane syntax.

LOC don't matter here. "If it sucks, it sucks".

Cág