Re: [alpine-devel] Proposal: testsuite support in APKBUILDs

From: 7heo <7heo_at_mail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:55:56 +0000

Hey,

Since we're talking about vocabulary and semantics, I would rather avoid check, since it doesn't reflect what happens. A testsuite is a suite (set of, ordered, predictable) of tests (dynamic procedure to validate an element, that has to be executed). A check is merely an observation with assertion on an existing state. As an example, you can check the door is open, but you have to test if the lock works (you can't just check it in normal conditions and without a specialized apparatus).

Long story short, I don't have any problem with making it shorter and simpler, but I would rather have something that matches what is actually does. :)

Theo.