Re: [alpine-devel] Proposal: testsuite support in APKBUILDs

From: 7heo <7heo_at_mail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 07:59:15 +0000

I am really confused that you want to use a wrong vocab because GNU software already use it. Plus, it was my understanding that our tool's name isn't 'make' (since it's about identical terms).

I understand that for many people this discussion may seems like a waste of time, but using the correct vocabulary is an essential part of code-as-documentation.

Going with check is not a huge inaccuracy I admit; but it will most likely effectively hinder the understanding of newcomers while lowering the learning curve for GNU people/users.

I can explain in a separate mail (or on IRC) why I think it is a bad enough idea to attract GNU contributors to alpine, to justify continuing this discussion; but I'll assume here that all alpine contributors share a similar view on the GNU code style.

So, does anyone agree?

Theo