Re: [alpine-devel] Proposal: testsuite support in APKBUILDs

From: Ed Robinson <ed.robinson_at_reevoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 08:10:19 +0000

I would prefer test over check and (testsuite). Test is a verb so fits
nicely with the other commands. "make test" is used about 4 times more
often than make check in the existing packages.
https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=make+test&type=Code
(634 results) vs
https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=make+check&type=Code
(180 results)

I think the idea is a good one overall and I think while naming is
moderately important, having the feature is more important than getting the
name right...

,Ed