Mail archive

Re: [alpine-devel] Proposal: testsuite support in APKBUILDs

From: Timo Teras <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 10:15:02 +0200

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 08:10:19 +0000
Ed Robinson <> wrote:

> I would prefer test over check and (testsuite). Test is a verb so fits
> nicely with the other commands. "make test" is used about 4 times more
> often than make check in the existing packages.
> (634 results) vs
> (180 results)
> I think the idea is a good one overall and I think while naming is
> moderately important, having the feature is more important than
> getting the name right...

'test' is a shell built-in and due to the way abuild is implemented, it
cannot be used. It would break lots of stuff.

I have no strong opinion over 'check' or 'testsuite'.

I'm planning to add 'rootbld' that will do a clean chroot build of the
package. So that would not be strictly a verb either. I have patch for
this, but it's pending a way to configure the repository URLs properly.