[alpine-devel] Re: Meta package for pulling in all dev packages

From: Alba Pompeo <albapompeo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:56:29 -0200

What if we added ` install_if="devs $pkgname=$pkgver-r$pkgrel" ` to
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/tree/abuild.in#n1505 and
created an APKBUILD `devs` just like `docs` ? Would it work?

BTW, I was reading abuild.in.
In default_doc I found a possible resource waste.
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/abuild/tree/abuild.in#n1421
If I understand it, the ` install_if ` is reading checking *all*
packages to see if the name is ` docs `.
Isn't that dumb?

Wouldn't be a better idea to put that line into the docs package itself?
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/docs/APKBUILD
doc() {
    default_doc
    install_if="docs $pkgname=$pkgver-r$pkgrel"
}

What you think?