Re: [alpine-devel] Porting Alpine scripts

From: Tuan M. Hoang <tmhoang_at_flatglobe.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 01:42:24 -0500

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 13:21:56 +0200
Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi> wrote:

> > Cross-compiling strace and gdb requires 'linux-headers'
> > installed in $CBUILDROOT. strace is cool but gdb still fails
>
> Should fix strace APKBUILD to support cross-compilation using the
> makedepends_host as used in other cross-compile enabled packages.

Thanks, it's very neat.

> > elf_gregset_t and elf_fpregset_t were supposed to be defined in
> > https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/s390/include/asm/elf.h
> > and I think it should be built in 'linux-headers', but no trace of
> > them.
>
> Strange. Sounds like a bug somewhere.

Indeed. It was a musl bug, and with some patches, gdb is good now. Looks
like /usr/lib/libfakeroot.so is the one causes the segfault. Is there
any option in abuild to build package with out being stripped? I would
like to do so then debug fakeroot better. Adding -DDEBUG or -g in
CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in APKBUILD doesn't help.

> > Here is the log of strace fakeroot : http://pastebin.com/Pn7YUWRz
>
> Could you retry with "strace -f -s 1024" ?

I am not sure the strace would be informative for you :
http://pastebin.com/4P0f5sDF

Thanks,
Tuan