Re: [alpine-devel] main/xorg-server: Enable xcsecurity to allow ssh X11 forwarding

From: <lists_at_cioccolatai.it>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 16:00:28 +0100

On 03/04/2017 02:51 PM, Jean-Louis Fuchs wrote:

> Could somebody take a look at this issue:
>
> http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/6696
>
> I know I should have sent a patch to the aports list, but I missed the
> wiki-page about patches. I don't want to duplicate things, so I hope
> we can solve this on the bug-tracker.

AFAIK, XCSECURITY are disabled on most (linux) Xorg packages, and on
freebsd and cygwin too (just search xcsecurity/xsecurity on google).

I just tried some weeks ago to use ssh -X on a OpenBSD X11 server, and
many applications just crashes with "bad access" or similar, as noted in
this mail:
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2008-11/msg00154.html

Of course it is still possible to use ssh -Y to connect to Xorg
remotely, using the "trusted forwarding".

ciao,
I.