Re: [alpine-devel] Calling build() check() package() might be a bad order

From: Jean-Louis Fuchs <ganwell_at_fangorn.ch>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 14:19:51 +0100

Hi William

On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 12:34:27AM -0600, William Pitcock wrote:

> I would simply not bother running the testsuite at all,
> because you're not testing the actual binaries going into the package,
> making the testsuite ineffective (from a distribution point of view).

I think I got it, I will change my build system the following way:

make check
    Not instrumented (release mode), goal: checking compatibility

make test
    Instrumented (dev mode), goal: helping developers to find bugs

Of course most of tests are shared between both test-suites, but some
may not make sense in either test-suite.

Best,
    Jean-Louis