Mail archive
alpine-devel

Re: [alpine-devel] Upgrade nginx to 1.12.0

From: Jakub Jirutka <jakub_at_jirutka.cz>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 12:57:46 +0200

Hi

> There seems to a bunch of modules pulled in. This was introduced with
> this commit:

> commit e07695e1581744e63bd459f7fa827f51c4d8dbf7

This commit has been reverted by the committer (please see the current version [1]), the echo module is here much longer time.

> The upgrade of nginx does not build due to echo-nginx-module no longer builds: …

I’ll fix it (or remove echo module)…

> However, I am not sure what the plan was on how to apply patches for the 3rd party module with the „improved APKBUILD"?


Once again, this commit has been reverted, because it mixed many unrelated changes into single mega-commit and some of the changes were not really improvements.

> I also found it inconvenient go over all the modules and look for new versions. I cannot just paste the URL https://github.com/openresty/$_http_echo_name into the browser to find new version.

Good point, I’ll improve this.

> So basically, I'm not really willing to maintain this. Anyone else who wants take responsability for this?

I volunteer! :)

Jakub

[1]: https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/blob/master/main/nginx/APKBUILD

> On 18. Apr 2017, at 12:37, Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am upgrading libressl to 2.5. I got a build error in nginx while
> doing rebuild. I noticed that there are a new stable nginx and thought
> it would be a good idea to upgrade to this.
>
> There seems to a bunch of modules pulled in. This was introduced with
> this commit:
>
> commit e07695e1581744e63bd459f7fa827f51c4d8dbf7
> Author: Valery Kartel <valery.kartel_at_gmail.com>
> Date: Fri Mar 17 12:05:44 2017 +0200
>
> main/nginx: add all modules from testing/nginx-naxsi
>
> - added modules: naxsi, cache_purge, upstream-fair, sysguard
>
> - remade dynamic modules definition
> - upgrade modules
> nchan to 1.1.2
> rtmp to 1.1.11
> naxsi to 0.55.3
> - add checkconfig to init script
> - cleaned and improved APKBUILD
>
>
> The upgrade of nginx does not build due to echo-nginx-module no longer
> builds:
>
> /home/ncopa/aports/main/nginx/src/echo-nginx-module-0.60/src/ngx_http_echo_request_info.c: In function 'ngx_http_echo_client_request_headers_variable':
> /home/ncopa/aports/main/nginx/src/echo-nginx-module-0.60/src/ngx_http_echo_request_info.c:219:15: error: incompatible types when assigning to type 'ngx_buf_t * {aka struct ngx_buf_s *}' from type 'ngx_chain_t {aka struct ngx_chain_s}'
> b = hc->busy[i];
> ^
> /home/ncopa/aports/main/nginx/src/echo-nginx-module-0.60/src/ngx_http_echo_request_info.c:284:15: error: incompatible types when assigning to type 'ngx_buf_t * {aka struct ngx_buf_s *}' from type 'ngx_chain_t {aka struct ngx_chain_s}'
> b = hc->busy[i];
> ^
>
> It seems that there this patch is needed:
> https://github.com/defanator/echo-nginx-module/commit/d16babcc09050966f5055df41572429bd84d811a
>
> However, I am not sure what the plan was on how to apply patches for
> the 3rd party module with the "improved APKBUILD"?
>
> I also found it inconvenient go over all the modules and look for new versions. I cannot just paste the URL
> https://github.com/openresty/$_http_echo_name into the browser to find
> new version.
>
> So basically, I'm not really willing to maintain this. Anyone else who
> wants take responsability for this? I don't think Cameron Banta (the
> listed maintainer) will do it.
>
> I am disabling it for now since its blocking me from upgrade to
> libressl 2.5.
>
> If nobody wants to take responsability for this, then I'll do it, but
> then I'll remove all the modules, because I'm not gonna maintain it
> like that.
>
> -nc
>
>
>
> ---
> Unsubscribe: alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help: alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---
>



---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-devel+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Received on Tue Apr 18 2017 - 12:57:46 GMT