Re: [alpine-devel] grsec go or no-go call for 3.6

From: Shiz <hi_at_shiz.me>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:25:00 +0200

Not viable as machine count is part of the subscription count, which we can’t predict.
We also can’t redistribute the patch or the subscription will be terminated.

Personally I vote for maintaining grsec for 3.6 and renaming it.
For the 3.6 releases cycle, we should be reasonably able to maintain the patch against 4.9 LTS.
We have to revisit this for 3.7+, preferably soon after as 3.6 is released, though.

- Shiz