[alpine-devel] checkdepends and bootstrapping new releases

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:20:41 +0200

Hi,

I think we have an issue with checkdepends in APKBUILDs. The problem is
that lua-aports does not pull in the the checkdepends as build time
dependency while calculating the build order.

We have 2 alternatives:

- always pull in the checkdepends.

  This will make sure that the checkdepends are always built before the
  package needing it. But this also means that we need to make sure
  that we don't introduce any circular dependencies via checkdepends.

- bootstrap new releases without running tests. By building the repo
  without any tests on the first run will allow us to have circular
  dependencies, but then we will not run any tests for our stable
  release (only updates will get the testing), or do we want rebuild all
  the package which checkdepends?

Opinions?