Re: [alpine-devel] Code of Conduct

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-devel_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 09:59:44 +0000

  Thank you, Theo, for undertaking this.

  I have a small meta point to make: to the best of my knowledge, the
Alpine
community, although much friendlier than the majority of tech
communities
out there, is not exactly diverse. We are overwhelmingly white men -
nothing wrong with that, but we have not experienced harassment as other
people have, and I'd be reluctant to endorse a CoC without at least
having
it reviewed by people who are more likely to be on the receiving end of
online abuse, by people who can bring experience or at least another
perspective on this.

  So, can we please bring women, trans people, non-white people, disabled
people, in the conversation? or at least, if we know such people in
tech,
can we simply run the CoC drafts by them and see if they notice
something
that we wouldn't ?

  Thanks,

--